Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 21:00:24 -0700
Jim Gemeinhardt wrote:

> Can someone answer a wire color coding question?
>
> On system case wire color coding.  The wires for Power, Reset, Speaker etc.
> are always white plus another color.  Is white always ground or is there a
> specific scheme?
>
> TIA
>
> Jim Gemeinhardt

IMHO, there is no rule requiring a manufacturer to use a specific color
for a specific function.  It is commonly assumed that for +5volts and
ground the colors are red and black, but as you can see from your
experience, that does not hold true.

And even in AC wiring, there is a color code for wires required by the
National Electric Code (NEC), but that is only for the US and when items
from foreign countries come in, anything goes.

This is given to you from my experience of working with many
communications systems both here in the US and abroad.  Others may be
able to provide additional information.
--
Jean Bourvic :>))