From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 19:50:54 -0700
Greetz! Harvey,

At 06:59 PM 5/6/98 -0400, you wrote:

>If a hard drive is partitioned in two or more drives and files are deleted
>on the one drive, can anyone tell me if the one drive is not written to
>(the deleted files drive), but the other drives are written to, will this
>trash the deleted files completly? ie. over write the deleted files space.

  If the data has been over written then the data is NOT recoverable.  At
least by any means I know of.  Although I hear the DOD can get any data
back from 17 or so deletions, Hmm...

>Which is worse, to spend more than you expected or less than you should?

  The recovery on the unused drive would be the best bet.  Although if the
drives are not filled up then there might be a chance.

Regards,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]