From:
tannis zamora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:55:04 -0500
Hi Donna,

I have had this same problem periodically.  Have you had a power surge
and or an outage?
You may not even know if you have or not.  Your router should have a
reset button, if so, use it.  If not, then unplug the router and the
modem for a few minutes.  turn all machines off, desktop, laptop etc.
Reset by unplugging the router and DSL modem (that is if you are using
two different ones; ATT/Bellsouth modems are combo modem and router;
once you have done this wait about 2 minutes or so then power the
desktop up.  Once a connection is established and the desktop is
running, turn on your laptop and see if it will connect.  It may take
about 10 or so minutes for the laptop to reset itself but you should be
back in business.

I hope this helps.

tannis z TN