Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:08:24 EDT

Darrell,
 In addition to what dean suggested (if you have no luck) You might  check
Dells driver support page for your computer at  http://tinyurl.com/5tp2f6
The cd drivers and such won't help till you have a recognized hard drive  and
operating system but perhaps the bios download might get results. It's small
enough to fit on a floppy. I would first do as Dean suggested and replace the
 battery.
 I've fixed a few old dells and compaqs and always had to download the
drivers for them but always had a HD that allowed me to install windows first  so,
not sure if I'm being that helpful concerning your problem but if you get it
going, I would download all needed drivers next.
 Good luck,
Phil Williams

In a message dated 7/16/2008 11:56:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,