From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 06:44:51 -0400
TRhat message means MS has not run its tests to insure compatibility. If HP is making it available for that scanner for an XP OS, it is very likely that it will work.  Next time you get that compatibility message just hit continue.

Usually HP doesn't provide additional or 3rd party software in its driver downloads, so what software other than the driver are you trying to download and install when you get that second error message that you mention. Check out http://miataru.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/24065.html for comments about the second error message related to C:\sj655.

Jeannette & John Sowders <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Need suggestions, PLEASE ? Have new  Dell computer with Win XP and
>service pack II , and downloaded  and installed the driver for HP 4200c
>for Win XP from HP driver website. (It took 3 hours, twice ,  trying to
>get it to work )
>Keep getting message " This has not passed Windows Logo testing to
>varify its compatibility with Windows XP. "  Choices are Continue and
>possible crash , or Exit.
>What to do , as it will not install past this notice , so how do I get
>Windows to pass the logo as stated ?
>Also downloaded the software for HP 4200c for Win XP , and the message
>there states " Cannot create output file C:\ sj655\hpupdate.exe "  Then
>message " Fatal error, setup is unable to continue. "
>   HELP -PLEASE???      Jeannette
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>