From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:51:00 -0400
Read this MS article: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_czgw.asp. It says this message is usually due to a bad driver.

Dianne Erdos-Rush <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi,
>After the computer crashed, I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro.  I got a strange error message at the same point two times.  So I thought, well, maybe the disk is corrupted or something.  So I attempted a clean install of Windows XP Home.  Same message, same time:
>A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN.  BAD_POOL_CALLER
>
>FOLLOW THERE STEPS TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM:
>-CHECK TO MAKE SURE NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED.
>-IF PROBLEM PERSISTS DISABLE OR REMOVE NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE
>-DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CHACHING OR SHADOWING
>TECHNICAL INFO:  STOP: 0X0000008E
>                       KMIXER.SYS - ADDRESS FAE30B08
>
>I dont understand, I was installing the operating system, no hardware was attached to the computer except the mouse and the monitor and the keyboard.  No software was installed since it was a clean install - hard disk formatted.
>I unfortunately did get the exact specs on the computer, it has 128 MB of RAM.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml