From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:03:32 -0600
At 01:01 PM 10/05/1999 , Bill Lee wrote:
>Greetings all;
>
>     I'm trying to repair a Canon BJC 4000 for our local public school.
>It had been working well until they replaced a cartridge, and from that
>point forth it won't print. Several other cartridges, both colour and
>black, have been inserted.
>     I attempted all of the self-tests. The printer would only attempt
>the full page of print test (as opposed to the Canon advertisement test)
>and although the paper was fed through there was no print.
>     Also, when pressing the "Replace Cartridge" button, the printer head
>unit won't move at all. It stays in its home position where you are
>unable to access the cartridge.
>     Thank you for whatever assistance you can provide.

The only obvious thing I can think of here is to try unplugging it from
the power, letting it rest for a few minutes.  Sometimes the onboard
memory in printers become bogged with corrupt commands and even
if you turn them off, this data stays in the memory.  By unplugging
the printer it should flush out the memory.    I have no practical experience
with Canon printers, but this does work with HP units.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,