From:
Beth Bolton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:03:33 +0100
Not sure if this is the right list for this question but the problem started
with the installation of a new hard drive.  I had it partitioned into 2
sections, D and E, and everything seemed fine.

But when I open Excel 2000, before the programme has time to finish loading,
I get a Microsoft Excel warning box saying <<the ****.doc file format is not
valid>>.  When I click OK, the next file on the D drive appears with the
same message, and I have to go through every file on the D drive before it
will let me open an excel file.  This happens even when the Excel file I'm
trying to open is held on the C drive.  (In other words, Excel has somehow
become enmessed with the D drive.)

What I'm wondering is, does anyone out there know if this is a hard drive
setting problem or an Excel problem - no point reinstalling Excel if its the
hard drive.

Many thanks

Beth

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,