Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:46:09 -0700
Hey,
        I bought a HP CDR+ 8100.   I am having problems with my IDE controllers,
before I bought the HP, I was just using my Primary IDE port, (Hard Drive
on Master, CDROM on Slave).   Also, I know the Secondary has worked before
because I formatted a HD for my friend on it.   When I bought the HP, I
tried to hook it up to the secondary IDE as master, and it simply does not
work, I switched my CDROM with the HP to see if it was the drive and the
drive works fine.   In windows, system settings, it gives me a yellow
exclamation mark on the Secondary IDE controller, saying something like,
"This device is not present, not working properly, or needs the updated
drivers."   Something that confuses me the most is it recognizes the drive
that I put on there in bios, but nothing in windows.
EX.  IN BIOS when system starts, it says....

PRI-MASTER--- Maxtor HD
PRI-SLAVE---- CD-ROM
SEC-MASTER--- HP CDR+ 8100
SEC-SLAVE---- Nothing

But, when I get into windows, it will not recognize it.  I also switched
the cd drives.   I am totally stumped.   Please help if ya can.

Sincerely,
        Steve Barnett  (ICEMAN)