From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:57:17 -0500
>I've purchased a 64 meg SDRAM DIMM to replace the 16 meg DIMM that came
with the system.  However, when I installed the memory, the system still
recognized only 16 megs.  As far as I can see, there are not dip switches
to set associated with the memory.  And there is no setup in CMOS for
changing the memory configuration.  The manual is no help either.  Anyone
with any ideas?

Hi,
    I once heard that the quick POST did not check the amount of memory
during bootup.  Is it possible that this is enabled in CMOS?  If it is, it
might be assuming that you still have the same amount.  Try turning it off
and see what happens.

HTH,
Donald Gaither

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html