From:
Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:25:11 -0700
Assuming the temps given are F and not C you have nothing to worry about
at the moment. Although it's never wise to disable a REQUIRED cooling
component, it appears that you have adequate cooling at the time you
recorded the temps. I would visually inspect the operation of each fan.
Inspect the connection to the M/B or P/S for those not working. Keep an
eye on the temps when you're stressing the system and note anything
unusual. Most CPUs can run much hotter without damage. To find out
exactly how much hotter, go to the manufacturer's web site and look up
the specs for your particular processor. As a side note, some M/Bs
actually shut down a fan when it's not needed for noise control. You may
have something like that going on too.

Michael

Kathleen wrote:

>Good evening,
>

>I have been working on my computer these past couple of weeks, installing
>new HDs, etc.  During this time, I apparently disconnected or damaged? On of
>the several fans that my CPU box came with-I believe this was a 'gaming'
>box, so I think I have 5 fans in all.  I am concerned about this though, as
>I don't want any overheating of the components.
>

>I cannot recall what 'safe' temperatures are to be.  I have a Soyo
>Dragonplus 2 MB that has the Smartguardian that monitors the temperature of
>the chassis and cpu.  As well as the fan speeds. Only one fan is working
>now, according to this so I am worried.
>

>Currently the chassis is 95 degrees and the CPU is 117.Can anyone tell me
>what we should expect for the safe temps?
>

>Any help would be appreciated-I am getting mind numb over here and will
>listen to suggestions.
>

>Thank you all for your input.
>

>Kathleen LaValley
>
>            Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com