From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:43:48 -0400
> Hi Herbert: I bought the system last July (Gateway) but no
> telling WHEN it was actually constructed. Is there a way to
> tell w/o pulling the tower apart? Thank you for your much
> appreciated advice.

     If it was bought last July, chances are it was built at most a few
weeks before that. Since Gateway does sell alot of computers it is possible
that you have PC100 in there since you bought it at the sort of borderline
between PC100 getting cheaper than PC66. While you may be able to determine
the motherboard from the boot up screen, the only real way to figure out
what you have without opening the case is to call Gateway, although you
already mentioned that isn't your favorite route. As an alternative, why
don't you try emailing them? I have had quite a bit of luck with emailing
companies instead of calling them since that gives them time to research
your situation a little more. However quickest way would be to "pull you
tower apart". Good luck. TTYL