From:
"Lindstrom, Rick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 17:01:47 -0500
Hi-

Building this computer has been a real adventure. The last thing I
installed was the network card (Kingston PCI), and I did this after I had
(I thought) everything else sorted out.

Apparently, the mouse hates the network card and freezes in place at some
random (and usually short) time after the machine is booted. Removing the
card doesn't then solve the problem- the mouse still freezes. Removing the
network card and reinstalling the mouse driver gets things moving again.
After a freeze, I managed to get into the mouse properties in Control Panel
and found gibberish in the place where it was supposed to say "Microsoft
PS-2 mouse".

I'm running Win95 on an Aopen AX59PRO mobo (100mhz) and an AMD K6-2 350
processor, 64 meg RAM, etc, etc.

Any ideas? In the meantime, I'm getting pretty good at moving around Win95
using only the keyboard :)

Thanks-

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL