From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 23:46:16 +1000
Hi everyone,

I spent 4 hours to try to setup NT4 workstation on a 10.2G HDD (IDE).
The mobo I use is a Aopen (has a logo - designed for Windows NT).

The first problem is: at set up, NT cannot see the correct HDD size, it
only see the unpartitioned HDD in 8G. However, in BIOS, the HDD showed
in right size, and I tried win98 on it without any problem. Who can I
overcome the 8G limit (I will partition the HDD into 2G, 4G, 4G, all in
NTFS, but I need to see the whole HDD first)?

The second problem may related to HDD, but here it is: I tried to
install NT first then see if I can see the correct HDD size within NT,
so I created a 2G NTFS partition on the 10.2G HDD (show at setup only
8G), after NT restart computer and convert FAT16 into NTFS, at the fist
login screen, after I type in password and hit enter, the comuter locked
up (blue screen, no actives at all). Hit reset button returned a full
screen of NT crash info. What was the problem???

Extra question: I have a client who installed NT4 with Viper550 AGP
video himself. then he found out that 3DMAX won't run because problem
related to OpenGL. He's using NT service pack4, and latest driver for
video card. Everything apeared to be ok, exept the OpenGL part (even the
OpenGL screen saver wouldn't run for same error). As I understand, NT
included OpenGL, and Viper550 supports full OpenGL, why OpenGL wouldn't
work? Now he changed to win98 but I want to know what was the problem?

TIA

J Qian

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html