From:
GeorgeMary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:34:00 -0700
Thanks everyone for the tips....you're great.   I downloaded and ran CDcheck
and memtest 3.0.  It turned out that the replacement memory was also bad.
Then when I put the original configuration back in, the BIOS fingered the
original as bad...but the memtest caught bad ram when the BIOS didn't.  I
was able to load XP with a good stick of 64Meg ram, and it runs pretty good
in classic mode without much installed.  Will wait until the memory is RMA'd
to install a lot of stuff on the machine since it is not in a critical
position.

In the XP install, right at the beginning where it say press F6 to install
3rd party drivers, press F5 and you'll get a menu of what kind of system you
want to install.  You can avoid ACPI there and select the generic HAL.

Ben Moore