From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:39:39 -0400
I'm not sure how to put the network on a different drive, but this might work: You can try designating a different drive id for the usb drive, rather than letting it default to 'D'.
In XP, click on start, then control panel, then administrative tools, then computer management, then storage and then disk management.  Right click on the usb drive and choose change drive letter and paths.  Change it to something else, maybe F or G that doesn't conflict with any other cd/dvd or hard drives you currently have installed and it should work fine, always showing up as that new id rather than D.
This might work for your network also, but I've never experienced the problem and haven't tried it.
Paul Hachmeyer

M Shroff wrote:

>I have two computers which are connected by a network.  I have two usb ports
>in the front of my computer. In My Computer these ports are Drive D.  But
>when i put a usb key in any of the ports, and if I have just used the
>network then on either of these ports I only get the network drive and all
>the files of the 2nd computer  - I cannot access the key.  Its tiresome,
>because then I have to shut down both computers, then reboot mine to use the
>front usb port for the usb key.  Its time consuming especially when I am in
>a hurry.  How can I put the network on a seperate drive all by itself?
>
>Thank u
>M Shroff

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>