Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 16:07:13 +0000
Greetings Phillip & List--

My comments are interspersed.

> I am building a computer for working with pics, videos and sound(music). Since
> this is to be a home buisness tool, I wish to keep it away from any internet
> corruptions but am not sure if I will be able to activate my windows xp without
> being directly linked to the net.

As Sven has pointed out, XP activiation can be accomplished
by means of the use of a toll-free number. ...not as smooth,
transparent, or quick, but an option. As for the Windows updates,
Sven's procedure also appears to be correct, and this is fine,
as far as the operating system is concerned. As for the rest...

> Also unsure if I can download software
> upgrades to my on-line computer then transfer them by cd to my work computer.
> Any advice will be appreciated!

Much will depend here on whether the ability to
download software updates is contingent on the
web site "examining" your computer to determine
which (if any) upgrade is needed/applicable. If
no such examination is necessary, then (if you
have registered your software) you should be able
to go to the appropriate area online, download
whatever updates are available (usually after
logging in to an account tied to your software's
serial number), and then burning them to a CD to
make the transfer to the computer where the
software is installed. This is the means by which
I have been able to update my Roxio EasyCD Creator
software, among others.

HTH,

Paul A. Shippert

"and your wise men don't know how
it feels to be thick as a brick." Jethro Tull

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml