From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:50:18 -1000
My guess is your hard drive needs to be check again for missing files or
reformating/reloading of OS or it has given up. Since you said "One of
my..." try swapping hard drives from the other 486's (if they are some what
the same) and see it the computer boots. From what you said about "no
operating system found" I think this means the OS is gone from the hard
drive or the BIOS does not see the hard drive anymore. Check the BIOS to
make sure it has the correct hard drive information.

Mark Cooper wrote:

> One of my old 486's has a problem. After a disk scan and
> defragmetation.  The computer seemed fine. Then after two days it was
> rebooted. Screen starts to load Win 95 and stops with a notice = no
> operating system found. Did the hard drive crash? Or is something wrong
> on motherboard? Anybody have any ideas?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html