From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 15:22:28 -0500
>Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 16:40:25 -0700
>From: Qian Jun <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [PCBUILD] more questions about PC
>Sender: PCBUILD - PC Hardware discussion List
>
>1) I forgot turn my speakers on yestoday, but the right speaker was
>still working okay (the right speaker line HAS TO go pass left speaker,
>the power button is on left speaker), how could this happened? (i
didn't
>found the speakers was off because this, until i found the music only
>from right side half hour later - i thought i'm a fool)

I used to have a set of Labtec speakers that would do this too.  With some
speakers, if you do not turn on the power for the amplifier inside the
speakers, the amplifier on the sound card can still drive the speakers, but
usually at a lower volume or only one speaker will work or the tone
controls on the speakers do not work.