Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 01:06:16 +1000
G'day,

I have installed a NT4 server for client. Every thing works find except
the Floppy drive. Client has an old tape backup drive, he asked me if I
can move it to server. NT detected the tape drive as "Floppy tape drive"
and installed driver from NT cd. The tape drive works fine after that,
however, the floppy drive now stopped working. It won't read any disk
because "Resource already in use" error massage.

I changed another floppy drive with no luck, so that I know the hardware
has no problem. The problem must be conflict between tape drive and
floppy drive (they are on same cable). Could someone tell me how to
resolve it? Since the tape drive has set to schedule backup daily, I
can't ask client to disable backup, but as long as the tape is online,
floppy doesn't work. Please help! (I tried from "controll panel ->
Devices", it doesn't seem to help)

TIA

Jun Qian

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: