From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:17:40 -0700
I have had this happen in NT4 on many occasions. I suspect you have a IRQ
conflict. Remember there are different drivers for wav and midi. Try
this....go into your BIOS and set IRQ settings to manual non PNP and then
make IRQ 5 Legacy ISA. Then Reboot and see it Win98 doesn't sort it out.

A lot of  ISA cards are PNP. In fact every ISA card manufactured in the
last three years is probably PNP. All my ISA Sound Blaster sound cards are
plug and play. If Windows sees it and attempts to install it when you boot
then you can be sure the card is PNP.

Mark Rode
The NoSpin Group

>I loaded Windows 98 on a P233MMX.  Everything works great except the sound
>card.  I got the drivers to work enough so .wav files play, but the midi
>port will not function.  The model of the card is BTC-1820.  I got the
>drivers from their site, but they don't seem to work all the way.  It is
>an ISA card, so plug-n-pray doesn't work.  Any ideas/suggestions?  Thanks.
>
>Kyle Elmblade

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org