From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:11:20 -0600
At 04:06 PM 6/30/2002, Ian Porter wrote:
>Bob, thanks for the response.  As you said, EZCD certainly does have the
>facility to create boot disks, something I was unaware of.
>
>EZCD asked where the 'boot image' file was, or instructed that a floppy
>containing boot files to be inserted in A drive, which I did.
>
>Unfortunately, the method didn't work, possibly the CD is a weak link.  The
>system-less, floppy-less laptop showed a flicker of interest when I inserted
>the newly created boot disk, displaying a message which went something like:
>'CD inserted, press any key-No OS installed', but still wouldn't progress.
>
>But the experience was definitely worthwhile, and I'm curious as to how the
>process actually works.  I note that 2 files were copied to the CD,
>Bootimg.bin and Bootcat.bin.

If the system will not boot from a CD, then you are looking at adding
a USB external floppy drive to the system in order to have an A drive
to boot, at least that would be my next step.   I found one on the
Internet that will demonstrate what I mean:
  http://shop1.outpost.com/product/2880714

     Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group
http://freepctech.com