From:
Oliver Dammann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:38:55 +0200
> Hi all!
>
>         I wish to know the differnece between dimm ram and sdram.
>
>         Also, I have a P 166 MMX with 32 mb edo ram
>
>         I would like to know which of the above two rams would fit in my
> machine.
>
>         My computer has one long black slot for the new type of ram and
> 4 for edo ram
>
> Please help,
>
> Monica

Ok, Your RAM type is EDO and the design of the chip is called a 72 pin SIMM
module. A DIMM module ond the other hand is a newer design of the memory
module (168 pins). SD-RAM is the kind of RAM which is typically use to build
SD-RAMs. (I think you can also have EDO RAMs in form of DIMM modules, but
I'm not sure).
You have to look in your motherboard specification, wether the long black
slot is a DIMM slot and wether you can use SM-RAM.

Oliver Dammann

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**