From:
Jim McCrary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:01:06 -0800
If you are only looking for the audio....
I would use Audacity (and audio recorder) from audacity.sourceforge.net.
Download,install, click the record, you will see the incoming audio.

Check your input selections (mono/stereo and the input device).

jokester <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hello fellow listers:

I do not know if this is a software or hardware issue so will post this
here and hope that the rejection does not occur to be posted to PC-soft.

I have a Sony ICD-B500 digital recorder with some audio on it that I need
to get off of it.  It does have a headphone jack and when I plug it into
the sound card on my machine (A7N8X-E deluxe motherboard) I can hear the
output via my speakers.

The trouble I have is that when I try and record it into my PC, and then
play back the audio I get just noise.  I have tried using Cooledit 2000 and
total recorder both and still no luck.

Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need different software?  Is there
another device I need to have?  The issue is a bit urgent for me because
this unit is not mine and need to return it, but the data on the device is
VERY important.

Would appreciate any and all help.

Sincerely,

Sam R.