From:
David Hillhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:12:11 EST
In a message dated 10/29/98 8:52:53 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< My system will not play WAV files.  I have no idea why.  Is there a way
 >to diagnose the problem?  I run into WAV files on Web sites.  Should I
 >care if I cannot hear WAV files?
 >
 >My Packard Bell fax-modem/sound card is made by Aztech Labs.  The
 >fax/modem part of the card is disabled, because I'm using an external
 >modem. >>

In the past, Packard Bell has used a different port address on their sound
than sound blaster compatible sound cards.  Packard Bell sound is not sound
blaster register compatible.  Not sure if they have changed this
incompatibility, but thats the way it was a couple of years ago.  It was
really a strange deviation from an industry standard.

David Hillhouse

                                  -----