Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:41:48 +1100
Depend, quick format of almost any HDD under XP would take 20sec, full
format at a 7200rpm HDD using NTFS would take 30mins for some 60-80G,
sometimes it can be done under 20min for 40G.  But if 40G HDD takes hours,
it is certainly pointed to something wrong.  I know I would and I did upset
many people, that for many reasons, people don't like the problem to be
pointed to mobo, but I've seen too many, and it is almost certain mobo
problems are making large part of computer failurs and errors now days.
Everything is surfering from poor quality these days, and anything can fail
for any reason.

Jun Qian