From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:16:50 -0800
Mary Elise Zimlich wrote:

During all the discussion about printers  someone mentioned  moisture
and Canon ink not going well together.

The fact that all Ink jet printer ink is the same, it's hard to get away
from the fact that moisture or a wet finger will not smudge or cause the
in to run.

One of Canons printers is supposed to be smudge proof and water proof. I
think it is their model BJC-5000 but please don't quote me on this one.
I could be wrong.

Does anyone have a printer and the ink is more
permanent? Doesn't run with moisture?

The printer that is "Waterproof" is the Alps. They have a totally
different setup. When their printer finishes a print, it coats it with a
clear overcoat. They are nice but they are extremely slow at about
1.5ppm. I still prefer Epson over all of them.

One other method is to do like the photographers do and spray a clear
over coat after the print dries. This spray can be purchased at almost
any photo supply store.

Short of these suggestions there isn't much we can do to preserve our
prints. Well there is one way but the cost is around three thousand
dollars for a laser color printer but I can't afford one right now.
<smile>

I'm sure some company will produce a Ink jet Printer that will do all
that we want it to some day. But for now I guess we will have to plod
along and keep our prints dry.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's: