From:
Chris Louth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 09:05:21 -0700
> At 07:46 PM 5/22/98 -0400, Adam Gonsman wrote:
> >I'm a pretty serious gamer and have a fairly big sound system on my computer
> >( true 80 watts per channel and 50 watt sub). I'm wondering if I should be
> >concerned at all about hardware damage like the HD platter thrown out of
> >rotation and scratting on the read-write head or that sort of thing.

Well, I have a similar situation. (to compare: 2x130watt speakers,2x85
watt surround, 1x85watt center,1x120watt sub, and the requisite
high-power amp)

I have found that my tower cases all vibrate more than I am comfortable
with, so I did the following:
1. Cut a plank such that you have about 1" of clearance around the base
of your tower.
2. Cut a mousepad into four strips, and staple the strips onto the wood.
3. Buy about six small rubber feet and stick them to the bottom of the
plank.

You should have something like this: (non-proportional fonts please)

and the computer sits on the top.
--
Chris Louth - [log in to unmask] - Omegan Adept Dragon -=UDIC=-
ICQ UIN: 1553228          _\|/_  S'imr-Li on UO Pacific