From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:52:32 -0800
I am thinking about upgrading my current system, an FIC
PA 2007 with AMD K6 200 MHz CPU. My main concerns
are a faster processor and additional memory and
retaining my current AT case. I am looking for
suggestions on which motherboards would be compatible
with the following configuration:

AMD K6-2 400 or 450 MHz CPU (or AMD K6-3 400 MHz)
Matrox G200 Millennium AGP Video Card
256 MB PC100 RAM

I have been looking at the FIC VA 503+ but am getting
conflicting information regarding compatibility with the
faster speed CPUs as well as K6-3 compatibility at all.
The FIC site only mentions speeds up to 300 MHz.

Lastly, which would provide the better system response
for a system running mainly business apps and some
image editing, the 450 K6-2 or the 400 K6-3?

I would particularly like to hear from anyone running this
combination of hardware. Any problems or possible
problems to be aware of?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Maki