From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:04:30 +1100
Thanks all. The cable that was supplied looked like a normal "C" drive
cable with three connectors in addition to the MO connector. I could not
get that cable to work. Two of the connectors were some weird type that
I had not see before. A little research revealed the connector with the
twisted cable was the one I should be using for the "A" drive but of
course that was one of the weird connectors. (Little did I realise that
I could have installed the floppy as the "B" drive and swapped it to the
"A" drive in the BIOS.)

Took it back to the computer shop and they gave me a cable with a
connector at each end. That did not work either. I worked out that the
floppy connector was on the cable the wrong way round. Took it back and
they cut it off and put on a new connector.

What a business just to install a floppy. I will change to another
computer shop for future dealings.

Orf

Robert Lendrim wrote:

>Hello Orf,
>A lot of the floppy cables you find will have connectors for two floppy drives. This stems from the time when computers had two floppy drives and hard drives weren't yet invented. You might even find some with the large connectors that were for 5 1/4" floppy drives. If you want to do a nice installation, you could look for a cable with a connector for only one floppy drive. They are also available as a round cable which makes for a much neater installation.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>