From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2012 20:07:43 -0500
If the OEM disk is Dell, they don't usually ask for a key. I have used
these disks interchangeably many times with no problem Just use the
Belarc key or the key on the sticker affixed to the computer. At
worst, you'll have to come up with a different solution.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I recently refurbished a Dell pc (new hard drive, ram and vid card)
> and found an OEM xp pro sp2 disc for Dell. I guess it's a rescue disc
> but the envelope was still sealed and after running it, windows
> started and works perfectly.
>  I have 17 days left to activate and realised that during installation
> it never asked for the product key which is on the back of the
> envelope. Out of curiosity, I installed Belarc advisor and it shows a
> different key than is on the envelope so I'm wondering if I will have
> problems with activation. I've been told that support is not available
> for xp pro unless sp3 is installed and I have sp3 on a disc but
> haven't installed it yet.
>
> The cp that the xp disc came with is long since dismantled and discarded.
>
> -Phil-
>
>              The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                         support at our website:
>                          http://freepctech.com

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com