From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:17:58 -0700
Hi..

I know this is a common issue, though it is the first
time I have run into it.  I hope someone might have a solid
cure for me.

The problem is that a new system I am building for a client
has an Internal Iomega Atapi Zip 100 drive.   Win98 only will
assign it as a 3.5" floppy drive in My Computer.

I have tried setting the CMOS setting for this drive to every
option, including NONE & AUTO.  The Bios continues to find
the drive and call it a floppy.

The motherboard is a Biostar MS-6119 with Award bios v4.15G.

The drive works fine...  that is not the issue.   The problem is that
is shows up as the "B" drive and icon in My Computer labels it
as a 3.5" floppy drive.

I have also configured the drive as a lone Master on the secondary,
Slave to the CD Rom drive on the Secondary and now it is the slave
on the Primary to a Seagate 3.2gig UDMA drive.   Switching cabling
has had no effect.

The one evening I need into the archives of PCBUILD and the server
is down at our Listserver...  *sigh*

Your input would be appreciated.

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com