Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 08:24:46 -0500
Unfortunately yes an install of anything can do this to a "weak" hard
drive.It sounds like you have a bad sector, but could also be corupted data
that the drive cannot read.Installs of most gaming software can be intense
on a hard drive.And if the drive has not been defraged and cleaned up in a
while will make an install even more strenuous on the drive.In the future,
When installing anything, be sure the drive is clean and organized before
starting the install if you don't already.
suggestion:
I would start by backing up any data, remove any apps and files you do not
need, then defrag/surface scan, if you still cannot do these functions
properly i would then attempt an fdisk/and format. Check with the drives
manufacturer for Low Level utilities for the drive. Western Digital i know
has a few compliled.

Hope this helps
Robert W. Smith