From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:14:59 -0500
From: Shawn M. Shea :Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 11:16 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Windows Nt domain access

> I have a Windows NT 4.0 server that I am having some strange problems
with.
> I have a group of users that are accessing accounting data files from the
> server. The only way that the users are able to access this share is if
they
> are made members of the domain admins group. Somewhere permissions are
wrong
> but I can't find it. Any ideas????
>
> Shawn M. Shea

Shawn,

Could you tell us what you have already done to find where the permissions
are wrong?  Some things to check, who has permission to the share, what are
the permissions to the share, what permissions does the group that the users
belong to have remotely and locally, do they belong to any other groups that
may be restricting their access?  Do the users all belong to the same group?
Are the users in the same domain?  If they are in different domains are
there any trusts and how are they set up? Is the share located on a fat or
NTFS partition?

With some more information on where you have looked and how things are set
up someone may be able to help figure out where the problem is.

Mary Wolden

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org