From:
Barry Keith Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 05:46:55 -0500
On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:10:17 -0400, Gary Blenkhorn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am hoping someone can help me out.  I have a Pentium II PC Partner motherboard model LXB834D with an Intel 440LX chipset.  I have a Windows 98 compatable 104 keyboard.  My daughter spilled some cola on the keyboard and I have not been able to resolve the problem of some keys not working properly including the "spacebar".  I have tried a different keyboard and the problems switch to different keys.  (really weird)  I also had virus problems and corrected that by doing a low level format and repartitioning the hard drive.  I then got the lateset BIOS bin file and upgraded the BIOS hoping that would solve the keyboard problem, but no luck.
>
>Does anyone know if this can be fixed or do I need to trash the motherboard?  Is there a good diagnostic program out there that can test the keyboard port on the motherboard?
>
>Many thanks if you can help.
>
>Gary Blenkhorn
>
>        The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>       tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>           Visit our web site to signup: http://freepctech.com

Try a replacement keyboard before you do anything else, they are very cheap and
easily obtained. That will probably solve your problems as keyboards are not
water/coffee/colaproof and can be difficult to get cleaned up effectively.
Hope this helps.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml