From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:03:45 -0500
Does it show up in device manager (what OS are you running)?  Did you plug the cable in to the plug for the A drive?  Possibly you plugged it in to channel 1 or channel 0.  Is the cable on the rear of the drive plugged in to pin 1 and then pin 1 on the mobo?  You might consider replacing the cable, as they do fail, and don't cost much. What other drives are plugged in to the mobo?  Is your C drive plugged in to channel 0 (see your mobo manual), and your other peripherals like your CDRW, DVD, Zip, whatever plugged in to channel 1?  If the drive was working before, it is probably some simple thing.  Triple check the connections for pin 1 to pin 1, and make sure it is plugged in to the separate plug for it on the mobo.