Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:46:41 -0400
Once again, I want to thank all you guys for your time and effort on this
one....
Here is what I tried:  I disconnected all the connectors to all the drives
and rebooted.  I got the message "Invalid boot diskette, Insert Boot
diskette in A:".  Then I went to the BIOS and made sure all the drives were
not being indicated, and changed the A drive to "none installed", when I
rebooted I got "Invalid Boot disk, Insert Boot diskette in A:".  I
reconnected and tried another data cable, it made no difference.  The light
on the a drive is on all the time when it is connected.
OK, if I concede that it IS the Mother board, and therefore the computer
itself (an older model anyway-P3, Windows Me, etc.  How can I get the info
off the hard drive, or have I lost it already?  Will it hurt my computer to
connect this hard drive to it, and try to create a disk of the file info on
it?
Dianne