From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:08:31 -0400
Although it may seem farfetched, some ATX power supplies support a 'resume'
mode after a power outage.  Our servers will reboot after a power
interruption, while my desktop stays dark until I press the power on button.
Your bios setting in cmos setup could be set to allow rebooting after an
outage, and you are experiencing micro outages at night.  The surge
protector will have no effect on this.  Normally, you need an ON / OFF / ON
cycling of the power for this bios feature to activate, but I don't know
anything about your system so I'm guessing.

As I said, just an outside chance that this is the cause.
Tom Turak