From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:54:27 -0400
Anne Smith writes (clipped)

<<<< I am running win98se on an 8 gig hard drive with 512Meg Ram. I have 2.9 gig free, but am constantly receiving disk full warnings and am unable ...>>>>

Hi,

it would have helped if you had given some idea whether the problem is of recent origin or has been there for a while

also the exact wordings of the error msg??

normally EITHER <<<Hard Disk is Low on Disk Space>>>> OR <<< You are running out of disk space on drive C. To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click Disk Cleanup.>>>>

 sometimes exact wordings help.

having said this, and risking " too many questions...no answers"
(1) win 98 and se versions have been noted to NOT correctly read the correct hdd size.

(2) i am fairly certain this is the case with your problem since according to you there is nearly 33% of free disk space which is very large indeed.

(3)click start/run/(type) regedit/ok.

(4)navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\control\FileSystem.

(5)on the right hand pane see if you have an entry under "name"

<<<DisableLowDiskSpaceBroadcast>>>>

(6)if  YES double click on it and see if you get a "decimal box".

(7)see if the box is " checked" and also note down the value if any.

(8)  DO NOT DO ANYTHING FURTHER EXCEPT RECOLLAPSING THE REG. EDITOR AND EXITING.

(9) once your input on (5) & (7) is received   i am sure you will get further inputs from list members to edit the registry entry and hopefully solve the problem

HTH and dood luck----Venkat

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com