From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:07:02 -0500
Does your restore app allow you to take an immediate picture of your system while it works, or is it the restore app that comes with Win Me or the app named Goback?  If your system is working now, and you have the Goback or Win Me type program, you can disable it, which in Goback will clear out the history bin.  When you enable it again, it will begin a new history.  If I remember correctly, you have a 20 gig HD, and to have 4.3 gigs of history is way too much.  Goback by default only takes 10% of the free space on your drive, but you can set it to more or less.  I have Win Me, which comes with a detuned version of Goback embedded in the OS.  I disabled that one to install Goback 3.  I don't recognize your restore option because 20% of a drive is way too much.  I think IBM has one that does take that much on its laptops.  You can also uninstall your restore app and reinstall it to accomplish the same thing.  Before you reinstall you should run scandisk and defrag the drive, cleaning out all your temp, cache, history, cookie, and temp Internet files first.  Which is safest for you depends upon the app your using.  If everything is running OK now, this might be a good time to start over, and be sure you don't allow more than 10% of your drive for the restore folder when you reinstall.

--

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml