From:
Rick Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:10:52 +0100
Sunday, December 06, 1998 7:46 PM Carlos Cordeiro asked:
>I have a Riva TNT graphics card on a FIC mobo and win98 installed and it
works fine,
>but if i chose to run any game that came in the package, it crashes the
computer.
>Can anybody help me with this problem ?

Carlos, If you're running your bus at 100 MHz I may be able to tell you why,
but I'm sorry to say there isn't a solution yet. The RIVA TNT has big
problems running at 100 MHz Bus speeds on the Alladin V and MVP3 Chipsets
under Windows 98, when using 3-D intense games. This seems to apply to all
cards with the TNT chipset. Aparently the problem is being worked on, but I
suppose it's wait it out, or run your bus at 66 MHz. I can give you a follow
up when I know more.

Rick Swartz ([log in to unmask])
http://www.uuhome.de/richard.swartz
PC-Support  Emission-Monitoring (Air)