From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:47:07 -0400
System should be booting from the hard drive.  Can you get into the bios
and check the boot sequence?  While in bios, check to see if the hard
drive shows up as a connected device.    Could be hard drive failure, or
a loose power or ribbon cable on the hard drive.  Does the hard drive
sound/feel like it is spinning?
Paul Hachmeyer

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> My Autistic daughter was given a gateway computer running WinXP PRO
>Everything was fine until a few days ago, the computer will not boot, It will
>stop on a black screen with white letters(Remember DOS?) The error is
>something like this
>( WRONG DISK IN PLACE INSERT THE CORRECT BOOT DISK) I checked the dsrive,
>nothing in place, the floppy ribbon has a small area that looks like it was poked
>thru. I checked this ribbon and there are no wires that seem to be
>crossed/shorted or any other visable wire issue so I purchased a new floppy drive,
>installed it and got same error I even removed power and the ribbon off and I still
>get error. My wonderful sweet special needs daughter feels awful that she
>can't use it. all help appreciated
>Philippe Beaulieu

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>