From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:41:58 -0700
I have one box that is setup like this .........but with the addition of NT
Workstation.

Linux boot loader can boot these two operating systems...first install 98
on a DOS Primary FAT...FAT32 might be problematic....... and then put Linux
on a Primary Linux Native and put  a Linux swap on the third
Partition.......that will leave you with one more Partition available. If
you need to add additional stuff you can create an extended partition and
put in as many logical drives as you wish.

Linux has a STEEP learning curve and if you don't have any Linux or UNIX
background you will find yourself completely lost when you get to the /root
prompt. You can not cowboy your way though Linux...the command line is
often the opposite of what you are use to and at some point you need to hit
the books. Don't try to do any of this without a Linux Red Hat Manual or
you will be lost when you get to the part about making a Linux partition.

I suggest you buy yourself System Commander 4.03 and let it handle the dual
boot...this is what I use. First create your 98 partition....and leave the
rest as free space. .....then start up the Linux install and create your
Linux partitions and do your install........when you finish you will boot
to a SC screen and be able to pick which OS you wish to boot to.