From:
Mary Elise Zimlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:26:57 -0500
Hi everybody,
If I have my hard drive "turn off" after one hour, will that affect the
ability of my computer to answer the phone? I use the computer as an
answering machine, but also have the hard drive turning off after an hour
of non use. I have a Dell Dimension 166 Pentium, windows 98, use WinFax
"Talkworks" software  to answer the phone. I can certainly disable the
power management feature if necessary. The reason I ask is the last couple
of messages were garbled in part and I did not know whether to start
looking at the software, or the hardware.
Also, is it possible (and fairly simple!) to have my computer use my
internal 28,800 modem for the answering machine and my external 56K for my
 ISP connection? I do realize both will need to be connected via the phone
lines.
The 56K is on com1 and the internal is on com 2. I'm not sure what other
information you would need to answer.
Thanks,
Mary Elise

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]