From:
"Robert F. Decker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:02:51 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Weather Station

>A friend of mine wishes to set up a remote weather station (At his favorite
>winsurfing beach) and have the real-time results posted to a web page. He
>wants wind speed and direction, primarily, and possibly temperature and
>barometric pressure.

- Radio Shack has had a remote reading Weather Station with indoor display
and connections to a computer.  It was listed for $299 in last catalog I
have '97.  No indication of how far it can be remoted.  Provides Wind, Temp,
Pressure, Rainfall, Rel Humidity.  Also software for providing various
displays and analysis.  I also believe the magazine Electronics Now had
plans for a station, but can't seem to locate it just now.  They may have
searchable  index at www.gernsback.com. The Nov. '97 issue had a hot-wire
solid state anemometer.  You might want to take a look.
Robert Decker

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html