From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:00:11 -0400
So far as I know it doesn't work the other way.  I did a google search for a cable that would connect a USB printer to a Parallel port, but did not find one.  Another possibility would be to get a nice used parallel printer like an HP 6L personal laserjet.  I have several 6L's that run and run.  You can get one for $35-$50 on ebay if you look around.  Contact me off list for further info. The adaptor cable itself, if there is one, would be $20 or more.  Maybe someone else on the list has heard of the reverse type of cable.

Kay Huff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a USB printer that I would like to run with an older computer
>that only has a parallel port.
>
>I've looked around and see there are USB to Parallel cables, but they
>all say, so you can use a parallel printer on a USB port.  This is
>probably a stupid question, but does it work the other way around, or is
>this not a possibility?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,