Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:25:54 -0400
We had MCP's scratching their heads over an up and down network at
our company.  The main symptom I could always detect was a screwy
master browser, with lots of messages in the event log of the PDC
about elections failing etc. An MCP friend of mine finally swapped out
the hub (we were using broadcast, not switched) closest to the PDC
and the trouble all stopped.  I would check over your hardware again.
Tom Turak