Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:58:28 +1000
even 5 seconds is enough to take down both the mobo and CPU (with visible
large burned out area), you must apply heatsink/fan properly on AMD CPUs,
with a good heatsink (full copper, large size, good contact with CPU), you
may run the CPU for a short time, but without heatsink, the CPU won't last
even half second. At work, we've seen many burned CPUs (sometimes burned
mobo too) becasue customers failed to apply heatsink properly.

Jun Qian