From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:10:13 -0700
  Installing the ZoneAlarm update fixed the problem for me -- my
security setting is back on HIGH.

  However, it's worth noting that

(a) one isn't going to learn about this webpage unless one has already
found one of the workarounds listed,,,,, and

(b) when I told ZA to check for updates, it reported itself already up to
date -- I had to manually select the right update from this page and
install it.

  This all presupposes that one successfully determines that it's a
problem with ZA and the updates (if one left them on totally automatic
operation, as Microsoft recommends, one would not know they had
occurred...)

  I bet there are ISPs all over the world fielding "sudden loss of
connectivity" calls about this.  Not a huge flood, but enough to be
wondering who broke what, and how.

David Gillett