From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:20:49 -0600
Tom,
I've not tried the Intel HaM on a 133, but I've just been using one on a
233.  I've not had any problems with mine.

Have you covered all the standard "my modem doesn't work" bases?
Is the phone line working?  Is the phone cable connected to the computer and
the wall jack?  Have you switched phone cables?  (Just plug a phone into the
"phone" jack on the modem and test all of the above.)  Have you tried using
HyperTerminal to connect to one of the predefined services (just to see if
it will dial)?  Have you deleted the modem definition in Device Manager and
reinstalled it?  You don't say which version of Windows you are using, but
have you upgraded to the latest version of MS Dial Up Networking (DUN)?
Have you tried this modem in another computer?  Have you tried another modem
in your computer?  If the phone line is good and the modem won't dial, then
its a good chance that the modem is fried.

I had a friend complain that his modem didn't work (happened about every 2
weeks).  After replacing a few modems, I told him to install a GOOD surge
suppressor WITH phone line suppression.  I kept his computer until he did!
He's not had a problem since.

Let us know how this works out.
Ron Jobe